The pages on this website are only directed at UK residents and comply with appropriate UK legislation and regulation.
We promise to:
- Keep your data safe and private
- Give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time
- Not sell your data to anyone else
Choozi is a trading name of Neilson Financial Services Limited.
The data controller is Neilson Financial Services Limited who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and entered on the Financial Services register www.fca.org.uk/firms/financial-services-register under reference 594926. Neilson Financial Services Limited. Registered in England and Wales. Number 07986483. Registered Office, Landmark Place, Windsor Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 1JL.
Our partners and their privacy policies can be found below:
- Aegon: https://www.aegon.co.uk/support/faq/privacy.html
- Canada Life Limited: https://www.canadalife.co.uk/data-protection-notice
- HSBC Life: https://www.hsbc.co.uk/privacy-notice/
- LV=: https://www.lv.com/data-protection
- OneFamily: https://www.onefamily.com/privacy-notice/
- Post Office: https://www.postoffice.co.uk/privacy
- Royal London Group: https://www.royallondon.com/legal/privacy/
- Scottish Widows Limited: https://www.scottishwidows.co.uk/legal-information/legal-and-privacy/
- UnderwriteMe: https://www.underwriteme.co.uk/protection-platform-privacy-policy/
We are conscious of our responsibilities as a "data controller" under the General Data Protection Regulation that came into force on 25th May 2018 and we shall endeavor to ensure that the personal information we obtain and use will always be held, used, transferred and otherwise processed in accordance with that regulation and all other applicable data protection laws and regulations. Neilson Financial Services is registered with the Information Commissioner under registration number ZA125017. If you would like more information about our data protection policy, please contact us using the details shown on our website.
How the law protects you
How the Law Protects you
Data Protection Law allows us to use personal information only if we have a clear reason to do so. This includes how we share data outside of Neilson Financial Services. In order to meet this requirement, we will only process personal data in the following circumstances:
- To fulfil and administer a contract we have with you;
- When it is in our legitimate interest;
- When we have a legal duty to;
- When you consent to it.
There are circumstances where an alternative legal basis allows us to process personal data on a legitimate basis. For example, a legitimate interest is when you initiate contact with us to get a quote in order to set up a Policy. Where we rely on an alternative legal basis for processing personal data, we will tell you what it is.
How we use information about you
We may as a result of both your interaction over the telephone, completing and returning application forms and accessing our website, hold and process personal information obtained about you. We have provided examples below of the ways we may use your personal information and why.
|When/Where we collect and process your personal information||Legal Basis we can rely on to process personal information||Rationale|
|When you call us or request to be called back||i) Legitimate Interest ii) Contract||i) Contact initiated by you ii) Applies when you request a quote with a view to entering into a contract with us or to make changes to your existing policy|
|When we call you to promote and sell our products||Consent||We have evidence of your clear and unambiguous consent to be contacted|
|When we write to you to tell you about additional products and services.||Consent||You have given your agreement to Marketing|
|To assess your eligibility for cover||Contract||We need to obtain personal information to determine whether or not we are able to set up a policy for you. This may involve collecting information from you about your Health and Lifestyle. Without this, we will not be able to proceed with an application for cover|
|To contact you for the purposes of notifying you of any important information regarding your Policy.||Legitimate||Contacting you to ensure that your insurance cover remains in place|
|To deal with complaints and general enquiries||i) Contract ii) Legitimate||Respond to Complaints in line with regulatory requirements and answer any questions you have when you contact us|
|Transfer data to Third Parties||Contract||To enable insurers to undertake underwriting activities and to administer your policy|
|Data Analysis - Profiling: To develop and manage our brands, products and services by understanding our customers behaviours and preferences||Legitimate interests||Defining target markets to which products are suited Using our data to identify new audiences who have a propensity to convert Charging appropriately for products Meeting genuine needs of customers through the products we provide|
Where we collect personal information from:
Data you provide:
- when you apply for products and services
- when you talk to us on the phone
- when you use our websites
- in letters and emails
- claims and other supporting documents
- social media
- data from third parties we work with
- companies that introduce you to us
- comparison websites
- general practitioners or other medical professionals
When you provide us with personal data about others, you confirm you have their consent to do so including giving us consent to process and use their personal data as detailed in this policy.
Data we collect when you use our services
- Payment and transaction data
- Any profile you create or information you provide when you connect to our internet, mobile and telephone services, using cookies
Who we share your personal information with
We may use and share your personal information with service suppliers and financial institutions who we partner with, including your chosen providers, for the purposes of assessing your eligibility to receive such services. Your chosen insurance provider becomes a data controller when a policy has been issued to you and will process your personal information for their legitimate business purposes, which includes:
- making decisions about whether to provide insurance and assistance services (such as claim assessment, claim processing and claim settlement);
- administering the policy, assessing and paying claims, and general customer service activities (including complaint resolution and claims disputes);
- detecting, investigating and preventing crime, including fraud and money laundering
- carrying out market research and analysis;
- providing information about your policy in connection with any reinsurance; and
- complying with applicable laws and regulatory obligations (including laws and regulations outside of country of residence).
If we sell our company or part of it, we will share your information with the purchaser, who may then provide you with information on their products and services.
We may transfer and process any personal information you provide to us to countries outside the European Economic Area. Again, we will ensure that all adequate safeguards are in place in connection with such transfer and that all necessary consent has been obtained.
In order to display quotes to you we will send your personal information to our panel of insurance partners. We need to send them your personal information so that they can generate a quote for us to display on our site. When these companies use your personal information in this way, they will be acting as data controllers of your personal information which means that they are in charge of how they handle your data and we are not responsible for this.
When you purchase a Product on our site any contract will be entered into between you and the relevant product provider and so we will pass your personal information to them.
How we use your information to make automated decisions
To assess your eligibility for cover we may use systems to make automated decisions based on personal information we collect from you. This involves us asking you to answer Health and Lifestyle questions when applying for cover under our Life Insurance Policy. The decision to provide cover is based on the answers you provide. We will hold this data safe and secure at all times. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the decision returned following completion of the questionnaire, you may ask for this to be reviewed.
If you choose not to give personal information
We may need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you.
If you choose not to give us this personal information, it may delay or prevent us from meeting our obligations. It may also mean that we cannot perform services needed to administer your policy. It could mean that we cancel a product you have with us.
Any data collection that is optional will be made clear at the point of collection.
We can only use your personal information to send you marketing messages to tell you about relevant products and services or offers that may be of interest to you if we have your consent.
Whatever you choose, you will still receive important information relevant to your product.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages and update your choices by contacting us at any time.
How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information for as long as you are a customer.
After you stop being a customer, we will keep your data for up to 7 years for the following reasons:
- to respond to any questions or complaints
- to show that we treated you fairly
- to maintain records according to rules that apply to us
We may keep your data for longer than 7 years if we cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. If we do we will make sure that your privacy is protected.
How to get a copy of your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold on you by writing to our Data Protection Compliance Manager. You can email us or write to us:
Data Protection Officer at Neilson Financial Services Limited, Landmark Place, Windsor Road, Slough, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Letting us know if your personal information is incorrect
You have the right to question any information we have about you that you think is wrong or incomplete. We will take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it.
If you want us to stop using your personal information
You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove or stop using it if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the “right to object”, “right to erasure” or the “right to be forgotten”.
However, there may be occasions when we will not be able to delete personal information if a legal or regulatory requirement prevents us from doing so.
Restricting the use of your personal information
You can ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- it is not accurate
- it has been used unlawfully, however, you do not want it to be deleted
- it is not relevant anymore, but you request it is kept for use in legal claims
- you have already asked us to stop using your data, but you are waiting for us to tell you if we are allowed to keep it on using it.
Opting out of advertising
You can opt out of advertising from Choozi and other brands by making changes on Facebook and Google.
Visit these links to find out how:
How to withdraw your consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us if you wish to do so.
If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. If this is the case, we will let you know.
How to Complain
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Choozi are committed to protecting your privacy and we promise to treat it securely, fairly and lawfully.
When we collect any personal information through our website and technology platforms, we will be transparent about what we collect, why we collect it and how we intend to use the data.
- Make our website work as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Enhance your browsing experience
- Arrange content to match your preferred interests more quickly
- Collect statistical information to provide us with information on how our customers use our website and our products
We will collect information about how you use our website to:
- Remember how far you are in the online application form you are completing
- Provide advertising that is more relevant to you when you are visiting our, or other, websites promoting our products for example via retargeting cookies
- Track the effectiveness of our online and offline marketing campaigns
“Cookies” are small piece of text files which are sent to your browser and stay on your computer or mobile device when you visit our website. Cookies do not damage your device they are used to ‘remember’ you when you visit our website again. Cookies alone cannot be used to identify you.
A cookie will transport information about how you use our website to us. The cookie does not keep any of the data it collects.
Cookies are often referred to as session or persistent cookies, depending on how long they are used:
- Session cookies only last for your online session and disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser
- Persistent cookies stay on your computer or device after the browser has been closed and last for the period specified in the cookie. These persistent cookies are activated each time you visit the site where the cookie was generated
Types of Cookies
In addition to how long a cookie is kept on your computer, a cookie is then divided into four types:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential to enable services you have specifically requested such as requesting a quote and/or purchasing a product.
These cookies collect information about how you use our website, for instance which pages you visit most often, and if you experience error messages. These cookies don't collect information that identifies you. All information is aggregated and therefore anonymous. They are only used to improve your experience whilst visiting our website.
These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and help us provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected is anonymous and we cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. Choozi uses these cookies to support social media and gives you the opportunity to watch one of our adverts.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see the same advert and help us measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
Targeting / Advertising cookies Purpose Period SiteVisitorid Used to track returning visitors for marketing purposes Persistent – 6 Months YouTube We embed videos from our official YouTube channel using YouTube's privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on the computer once clicking on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. Read more at YouTube's embedding videos information page. Third Party Doubleclick Dart Floodlight and media tags Used to collect information from visitors who have entered our website via display, search and pay per click advertising. We use the information to track behaviour from this channel through to sale so we can review and improve our online service. Persistent - 30 days
Used to measure and optimise performance as well as to build audiences for advertising campaigns served on Facebook and other third party sites. For example, it allows us to deliver ads to people who have previously visited our website or purchased our products. It also allows us to measure and understand the actions that people take on our website, get insights about the people who interact with our website and limit the number of times someone sees an ad. Adverts are served after someone has visited our site using non-personally identifiable information. For further information about the Facebook Pixel please see: https://en-gb.facebook.com/business/help/651294705016616 180 days
Apart from cookies we also use local storage and tags to help us enhance your browsing experience.
- Local storage is like a cookie, except the information collected by local storage is not sent to an internet server unless there is a specific reason for us to store the data collected (i.e. for analytics purposes).
Like cookies, local storage is stored locally on your machine, within your browser like cookies, history, saved pages, etc. Local storage contains ‘name/value’ pairs (i.e. postcode / SL1 1JL, surname / ‘Smith’) and a web page can only access data stored locally within its domain.
- Tags are a small piece of code which is placed on our website and collects data. This code would only collect data on our website. A tag will not be stored on your browser; however, it may use a cookie which could be placed on your browser.